The Journaler

This, in some ways, is a window to my soul: my book is open. This is an honest reflection where I embrace the highs and lows, ups and downs, roller coaster of emotions I am often riding, the good, the bad, and the extremely ugly...but this is me, and this is my adventure...By revealing myself honestly I hope to inspire and encourage, because we all struggle sometimes and it's nice to know we're not alone. This is my experience as a small town girl living in a big city, trying to make my way while taking lots and lots of detours...

February 26, 2011

Not As Active As I Used To Be; It's Time To Get Going!


When I was younger, particularly during middle school and high school I was busier and more active than I have ever been. At that time I was so motivated to try EVERYTHING. I played soccer, softball, basketball, tried out swim team (I really enjoyed the practices but did not have that passion and competitive edge needed to really get into the swim meets, so I only lasted about 3 months), gymnastics, tennis, dance (the one thing I have actually stuck to and can't live without), surfing, even cheerleading (Freshman year only - then I was done); not to mention my involvement at the Temple I went to, which included going to Torah school and Hebrew School, Summer camp, community service, community theatre and dance productions, AP classes, and the most hectic social life I've ever had. I was just so busy! Even though I can't imagine taking on all or even half this amount today, I do miss all the activities, interactions, experiences, and fun that I used to have on a daily basis.

There have been many transitions over the last month, but now I am ready to start incorporating more activities into my every day life. Just because I'm not in high school anymore doesn't mean I can't have fun and try new things. One thing I am going to try is Bikram Yoga. I have been wanting to take a class for a very long time and today I found a deal that couldn't be beat on Trubates.com - $24 for 8 classes, WOW! Normally one class is about $18! So I am very excited to try it out. I think it will help me to feel cleansed and will detoxify my body. I also want to start jogging/walking at least 3 times a week. I've already gone twice this week and am gearing up to go this morning....errr early afternoon, whoops. Although it can be very hard to pry yourself from the comfort of your pajamas, hot coffee, and morning TV (I have been addicted since I was young - used to climb in to bed with my mom and watch Good Morning America together), it always feels great to get outside early. I usually feel a sense of accomplishment when I exercise in the morning, and it sets me up for being more productive, energetic, and happy throughout the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment