The Journaler

This, in some ways, is a window to my soul: my book is open. This is an honest reflection where I embrace the highs and lows, ups and downs, roller coaster of emotions I am often riding, the good, the bad, and the extremely ugly...but this is me, and this is my adventure...By revealing myself honestly I hope to inspire and encourage, because we all struggle sometimes and it's nice to know we're not alone. This is my experience as a small town girl living in a big city, trying to make my way while taking lots and lots of detours...

May 16, 2011

Recap of fun festivities in the past week...!

This past week has had its ups and downs. I've been a bit sick, and trying to take care of myself so only went jogging twice as it's been really cold and probably not a good idea for a sicky like me. I finally took a trip to Whole Foods, first time ever. I know, what!?! I got a ton of organic foods and have been trying to eat "raw" whenever possible. I've been trying really hard to be more mindful of what I put into my body. So for the last week I've been eating a lot of green smoothies, salads, cliff bars, granola, yogurt, and detoxing Yogi tea. Yummy yummy. I've also been trying to stay away from sugar, but for goodness sake I've got a sweet tooth that just can't say no. Aaaaaand there have been some emotional ups and downs, but hey, it happens.

ANYHOOOOOO

Let's recap the fun SF happenings of the past week!

1) Last Sunday was Mother's Day! While I didn't get to spend the day with my own mother, I got the next best thing. My Aunt Shelley came into town and I spent the afternoon with her and my awesome cousin Lily. We wandered into Golden Gate Park and feasted on Lily's picnic-perfect garden-fresh salad, dried white peaches, kettle chips and dark chocolate. If this doesn't make you want to shout with glee, well I don't know what would. Then we went to the de Young and visited the Balenciaga and Spain exhibit. Fashionistas be warned - drooling may occur. It was fab, and a lovely day.
goodies from Lily's garden
2) Monday I got out and ran, yeah! EX-ER-CISE! BEACH BODY NOW! MAKE BUTT FIRM! GET SEXY! (This is my mantra....i'm kidding, but really....) Then I went to the garden at Lily's school and she helped me pick - and when I say "helped me pick," I mean she did everything but hold the container; this girl is a hot commodity AND a gardening pro - some delicious lettuce, leeks, kale, and oregano, which I have been feasting on all week.



3) Tuesday I had two interviews and got one job! I'm still waiting to hear back about the internship, crossing my fingers and toes. But anyway, one job obtained "on the spot" is something to celebrate! I also attended my roommate's writing workshop, entitled "Words Which Work." She is a seriously talented writer, and soon to be published journalist!



4) Wednesday I went to an awesome concert venue: Bimbo's 365. I love the feel of this place, very classy / art deco meets edgy and cool. Loved it. An old friend of mine had an extra ticket to see an amazing band called Pinback. I had never heard of them before (a little behind in the music scene), but I guess they are from San Diego and wow, they rocked! It was so great catching up with an old friend as well and feeling as if no time had passed.

5) Thursday I went to a Giant's game!! I've been wanting to go to one since I got here. AT&T Park is awesome! We sat in the bleacher seats, which for 15 - 20 bucks really aren't bad at all. The seats are behind the outfield positions, but they're surprisingly close to the field. And the bleachers are filled with all the crazy hell raisers! No, just kidding, but really they've got some spirit. It was a great time.

6) Friday I shopped in Union Square all day to piece together my all black ensemble for work then came home and did 3 loads of laundry. I've also been fighting a cold so it was early to bed for me.

7) Saturday I trained at the new job, came home and went jogging with my roommates, then went to see an interesting documentary in 3D called, The Cave Of Forgotten Dreams. It is about the somewhat recent discovery in France of the oldest cave drawings or markings ever found, dating back some 33,000 years ago, which is more than twice as old as anything found prior. It was pretty cool in 3D, but isn't worth this feature if the theatre itself isn't up to par on the 3D front. My Uncle Brian treated me to the movie and then we went to dinner in the Mission at a great German restaurant, Schmidt's. We indulged in delicious beer along with tasty delights like pretzel rolls, crab cakes, shaved asparagus salad, and of course, bratwurst and sauerkraut. Mmmmmmm. The ambiance was modern and chic with a cozy European feel. 


So those were my adventures for the week! Let's see what unfolds for me this week.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment