The Journaler

This, in some ways, is a window to my soul: my book is open. This is an honest reflection where I embrace the highs and lows, ups and downs, roller coaster of emotions I am often riding, the good, the bad, and the extremely ugly...but this is me, and this is my adventure...By revealing myself honestly I hope to inspire and encourage, because we all struggle sometimes and it's nice to know we're not alone. This is my experience as a small town girl living in a big city, trying to make my way while taking lots and lots of detours...

July 30, 2011

Sweet Cheeks: SF Edition

go Marcus, go Marcus, go go!
Last night I got to see an old friend from high school do what he does best, and that's to bring love, soul, variety, and tantalizing beats to the dance floor! He has always loved music and has been DJ'ing for as long as I've known him. I remember back in the high school days he used to put some crazy things together, like Mr. Rogers and Michael Jackson! Always inventive and creative...
Marcus rocks! Or I should say, MAWCUS

When I arrived to Madrone Art Bar (love this place!) he was already in the zone, and it was amazing to see what he could do and hear how his style has developed since his Ventura days. I was impressed and I wasn't the only one...every time he transitioned to a new song the crowd would acknowledge it by looking around at their friends as if to say "can you believe how awesome this guy is!??" And they echoed their approval, in awe of his inspired choices. One girl shouted, "this DJ is sick!" And I wanted to be like, "that's my friend!"

Currently in San Diego, he's always loved SF and wanted to bring his creation, Sweet Cheeks to the music loving people of the bay. I think it was well received so hopefully I'll be seeing my musical friend more often! I had a great time, thanks Marucs! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment