The Journaler

This, in some ways, is a window to my soul: my book is open. This is an honest reflection where I embrace the highs and lows, ups and downs, roller coaster of emotions I am often riding, the good, the bad, and the extremely ugly...but this is me, and this is my adventure...By revealing myself honestly I hope to inspire and encourage, because we all struggle sometimes and it's nice to know we're not alone. This is my experience as a small town girl living in a big city, trying to make my way while taking lots and lots of detours...

September 5, 2011

3 day weekends would make the world a much better place.

.....That is my theory and I'm sticking to it!

Day 1 to run errands, day 2 to just relax/take it easy/be lazy/do nothing/RECOVER from the shenanigans of the night before, and day 3 to get out and play!

This weekend was lovely and relaxing and I discovered a few new places around the city. And when I say "discover" I mean, for god's sake, where have I been all this time whilst all these great little gems were just sitting there being enjoyed by everyone but me!??

I finally tried Philz Coffee and was not disappointed. I had the "Philharmonic" - it is not an understatement to say that upon first sip I had a symphony in my mouth. Yes. I went there. It was the most amazing coffee I've ever had. They brew each cup individually and stir it into frothy, creamy perfection. Yum.

Other highlights of the weekend include happy hour at the Burritt Room in the Crescent Hotel, Shanghai King for gastronomical deliciousness, going to The Old Clam House with my nor-cal family, seeing Rise of the Planet of the Apes, the Bali exhibit at the Asian Art Museum, Civic Center farmers market, and a little exploring in Pacific Heights (love that neighborhood).

What am I looking forward to in the coming months? Well for starters, how about a summer? I feel as if I was robbed of that this year - maybe it's because I literally got to enjoy 3 summers last year (due to traveling around the world), so now Mother Nature is going, "Hah! This year you'll get no summer at all!"- hmmm. So I am looking forward to an Indian Summer in SF, which I've heard so much about and am anxiously for (if it doesn't come I may want to kill myself) (jk) (but seriously). 

Happy week! Hope it's a sunny one.

No comments:

Post a Comment