The Journaler

This, in some ways, is a window to my soul: my book is open. This is an honest reflection where I embrace the highs and lows, ups and downs, roller coaster of emotions I am often riding, the good, the bad, and the extremely ugly...but this is me, and this is my adventure...By revealing myself honestly I hope to inspire and encourage, because we all struggle sometimes and it's nice to know we're not alone. This is my experience as a small town girl living in a big city, trying to make my way while taking lots and lots of detours...

September 11, 2011

Sushirrito

Okay, so there's this new place -  just opened in January - 
and I think it could possibly take over the world...just sayin.

It's sushi and a burrito. What? I know, it sounds strange, but here it is.

El Tigre Sushirrito - Photo courtesy of Pop Sugar SF

Sushirrito lovingly creates "sushi-burritos" or "sushirritos," with super fresh ingredients brought together in an innovative way. This is not your average sushi roll...or burrito. 

For example, I had the Casanova: Steelhead Salmon, baby arugula, avocado, daicon radishes, tomato salsa, green onions and toasted pumpkin seeds (yum!). Sounds like an odd combination of ingredients but I thought it was very tasty and the sushi was fresh and had that "melt-in-your-mouth" quality. I'm anxious to try some of their other options, including a vegan roll.

Sushirrito is an eco-friendly company as well, which is great. They buy local and organic whenever possible, and actually describe where their produce comes from (how it is caught) and more about ways they implement sustainable practices in their restaurant. It is on the website under "impact."

It is lighter and much healthier than your average burrito. However, a friend of mine tried Sushirrito and found it to be a bit too much, because sushi is supposed to be, well, sushi. So for purists this may not satisfy your palet. I however am a huge fan of hand-rolls, so to me it is a ginormous hand roll. I also think the ingredients and recipes are very different from your average sushi roll, so the distinction makes it something entirely unique and something I can appreciate and enjoy.

I say yum and yes please!

No comments:

Post a Comment