The Journaler

This, in some ways, is a window to my soul: my book is open. This is an honest reflection where I embrace the highs and lows, ups and downs, roller coaster of emotions I am often riding, the good, the bad, and the extremely ugly...but this is me, and this is my adventure...By revealing myself honestly I hope to inspire and encourage, because we all struggle sometimes and it's nice to know we're not alone. This is my experience as a small town girl living in a big city, trying to make my way while taking lots and lots of detours...

August 6, 2010

The bond between sisters

My sister and I (and Maddy's cheek), downtown Ventura

Today is a sad day for me, and tomorrow is going to be even worse. My sister who I'm so close to is leaving to go back to Oregon. We have been glued at the hip these last two months and I am dreading the separation. When I came back from my travels I stayed with her for a month in Portland, just the two of us. I helped her move down to Eugene and into a cute little apartment with her boyfriend Chad. So when she goes back she will be living with him permanently for the first time. 

I am so excited for her! My family and I love Chad and we know that Oregon is a great place for them to be. It will just be hard not being so close to her. I know it will be hard for her as well...our family is blessedly close, maybe too close at times (JK). We tend to love each other to pieces and then argue until our jaws fall off. Also, Leah suffers from TMJ (ironic?) and it is a huge burden in her life. I hate to think of her suffering alone in Oregon when Chad is at work or in school (he is beginning an intense Architecture program at the University of Oregon), and we can't be there for her. She is my sister and my best friend. Just don't know what I will do without her. But at the same time I am grateful for the opportunities that lie in her future up in Oregon. I'm sure she will be a happy camper there. I am so grateful for the bond I have with my sister. She is my lifeline in so many ways! Be grateful for the loving people in your life, and cherish them.

2 comments:

  1. Just read this and tear, made me feel really good. Thanks for writing this lize. I love you sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just re-read it myself and, *tear as well. I love you too Lee.

    ReplyDelete