The Journaler

This, in some ways, is a window to my soul: my book is open. This is an honest reflection where I embrace the highs and lows, ups and downs, roller coaster of emotions I am often riding, the good, the bad, and the extremely ugly...but this is me, and this is my adventure...By revealing myself honestly I hope to inspire and encourage, because we all struggle sometimes and it's nice to know we're not alone. This is my experience as a small town girl living in a big city, trying to make my way while taking lots and lots of detours...

March 20, 2011

Fabulous Flea Market Finds!!

Eugene Oregon has one fantastic Flea Market! The Picadilly Flea Market was bustling and lively by the time we arrived with one hour to spare before closing. This is actually an amazing time to go, although I definitely want to try going earlier before things have been snatched up. At this time people are ready to sell sell sell! This is bargain time people. And omigoooooooodness gracious I found some fantastic items. I've never really been into flea market digging or antiquing - that was always something my mom loved and come'on, how uncool would it be if I actually acknowledged that she might be onto something....well, luckily I've finally come around. I can't wait to explore some of the awesome markets I've recently heard about in San Francisco!

Check out some of the awesome things I found....

INCREDIBLE English made beaded vintage purse, super awesome corked bottle (broke the bank at .25 cents hah!!!) - would look lovely as is or with some fresh flower sprigs and a bit of lavender. I had also been searching high and low for a tan/brown leather belt - can't believe how hard it was to find in the color I was looking for, but viola, there it was! And a bargain at 5 bucks. The large purse on the right by a Parisian watch designer, Charles Hubert was not purchased at this flea market, but I did recently find it at a vintage thrift store and am in love with the color and soft leather, yay! I shamelessly use it as a laptop purse, I don't even care how silly I look prying my laptop out of its tight grib everyday...it fits. I swear!
Also found this super cute sterling silver ring with turquoise stone. Just the kind of simple and easy accessory I've been looking for. Love it. All of this, including giant brown purse was about $60. Not bad! Always fun to go rummaging and find some totally unique and inexpensive items.

3 comments:

  1. Yea Lize! Good finds; diggin it!- Madz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to take after your aunt and cousin.....thrifting has so much more character!!! Nice piece, Eliza!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!! I was thinking of you and Lily as I was rummaging about : )

    ReplyDelete