The Journaler

This, in some ways, is a window to my soul: my book is open. This is an honest reflection where I embrace the highs and lows, ups and downs, roller coaster of emotions I am often riding, the good, the bad, and the extremely ugly...but this is me, and this is my adventure...By revealing myself honestly I hope to inspire and encourage, because we all struggle sometimes and it's nice to know we're not alone. This is my experience as a small town girl living in a big city, trying to make my way while taking lots and lots of detours...

March 3, 2011

Feeling Quite Professional and Grown Up!


Today felt good, very productive. A few weeks ago my biggest fear was venturing up to San Francisco and not being able to find any kind of work or promising projects to enrich my life and keep me busy. I like to be challenged - I find that I am at my best when taking on something I never could have imagined myself doing! A good friend told me today that I underestimate myself. That rang in my ears for a while, and I realized that he is right. If we actually succumbed to our fears all the time, where would we be!? Always within the confines of our "comfort zone," never to venture out for a, well, adventure!

I realized today that I can't take life so seriously. Sometimes we will fail, screw things up, trip and fall for all to see and laugh at (not really, but you see my point). What is really important is that we get up and move forward, keep moving forward and believe in ourselves. It's not the end of the world if something doesn't work out for us. You just have to dust yourself off (literally doing the motion helps), smile, and say "Oh well. What's next?"

That being said, great things are manifesting in my life. I don't want to say too much, but I have become someone's business partner and am assisting in all aspects of its organization and opening, and I've also managed to get some freelance work! Doing what? I'm not quite sure yet, but I will let you know! In addition to this, bartending school has been well worth my while - i'm obtaining a wealth of knowledge and having a great time doing it! So moral of the story is, keep your head up and believe in yourself! And if all of the aforementioned items fail, I will be sure to dust myself off and keep truckin along!

1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring love! Keep it up, can't wait to come back out and visit!!

    ReplyDelete