The Journaler

This, in some ways, is a window to my soul: my book is open. This is an honest reflection where I embrace the highs and lows, ups and downs, roller coaster of emotions I am often riding, the good, the bad, and the extremely ugly...but this is me, and this is my adventure...By revealing myself honestly I hope to inspire and encourage, because we all struggle sometimes and it's nice to know we're not alone. This is my experience as a small town girl living in a big city, trying to make my way while taking lots and lots of detours...

April 28, 2011

FML

I know I definitely should not be using this internet coined expression, but it just seems to be the only appropriate (or obviously inappropriate) way to go. I just....man oh man; this post I will tell you right now is a rant - I am truly "journaling" right now as I tend to feel most inspired to write in my journal when I am feeling particularly peeved. HUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So what's the big drama you ask??? There I was going about my week - having a great one I might add - working away, getting things done, getting ahead, only to then discover that my car had been towed. My roommates are out of town so I had to call a cab....sure, ya know, just add it to my tab...and I was told by the people at the tow place that unless I arrived within 20 minutes, the cost for my car to stay in their huuuge empty lot was gonna be majorly bumped up. I should add that as I was going to call the cab my phone decided to shut down; it's cool, ya know, just keep it comin, keep throwin those lemons at me, see if I care!!! I have already had 2 parking tickets this month, so like I said, put it on my tab, b****!

To my grateful relief, 1) the cab took cards, and 2) I arrived 20 minutes after the "20 minutes," because well, I live really far away but the lady was so nice, she didn't bump up the already sky high price. Thank you wonderful lady, bless you. Curse you awful person who towed my car claiming it was blocking your driveway when I am 150% sure that it was not and have the pictures to prove it! That's right! I drove back to the exact spot I was parked in, parked my car, and took pictures, because I guess I am crazy, but I wanted to prove that I was totally wronged, if only to myself and my family.

I know I'm being way overly dramatic. But pretend like this is my "reality show" and I'm just tellin it like it is.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh goodness that felt good. Thanks for listening, and please feel free to vent to me anytime, I'm a great listener : )

Now, I am brushing it off and walking away. In the long haul this matters zip, zilch, zero, nada, nothin.

And now, I feel bad because having been super busy today at work I didn't hear a word about the horrific tornadoes in Alabama until now. Perspective Liza, perspective. Getting my car towed is like a blessing in comparison to what these people have been and are going through. I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Nothing.

I am sending all my thoughts and prayers to the people in Alabama, and I want to encourage my readers (Mom....Dad.....sister....maybe best friend) (haha) to put things in perspective and be grateful for our good fortune, because things could be so much worse. I am blessed. Life is precious. Don't take anything for granted.

5 comments:

  1. Hopefully I am posting right this time.
    Totally agree... it is so important to have perspective. In the scheme of things, this was just one small blip and you just move on!

    Glad that everything was okay with your car. Remember our experience in SD when Shelly got her car towed???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember that, actually I was thinking about it too! Right, in the grand scheme of things, this matters not. We move on because there are bigger and better things to be consumed with!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eliza dear, I once had my car towed while in college - total nightmare. It is a rite of passage, unfortunately, not a good one! So are the parking tickets - yuck! Had plenty of those, too!! Glad you are ok!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are truly so amazing Lize! I love how you just get it out there off your shoulders and move on! Like you said its important to have perspective, and you are so inspiring for showing us all how to do it! <3 you, and am so sorry for the tow..if it ain't one thing it's another!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you guys, that really makes me feel better. Love love love you guys!

    ReplyDelete