The Journaler

This, in some ways, is a window to my soul: my book is open. This is an honest reflection where I embrace the highs and lows, ups and downs, roller coaster of emotions I am often riding, the good, the bad, and the extremely ugly...but this is me, and this is my adventure...By revealing myself honestly I hope to inspire and encourage, because we all struggle sometimes and it's nice to know we're not alone. This is my experience as a small town girl living in a big city, trying to make my way while taking lots and lots of detours...

April 3, 2011

A Hiccup In Your Happiness

True friends are few and far between. I am blessed for I have some of the truest friends a person could ask for. There are many elements in life that contribute to one's happiness but most important is our intimate relationships.




I am lucky to have the most loving and awesome family, but I find the "phenomenon" (as I see it) to connect with someone spontaneously, whom you have no familial relation with, to be quite amazing.

I have had these connections and they inspire me. The simultaneous exchange of characteristics between two people and the joint recognition that a bond has occurred, along with a significant account of like-ability, is truly remarkable. My friends have always been cherished by me. I feel that friendship, real friendship, allows one to open their world to the possibility of a new perspective.

We all have our own unique personalities and opinions, but our friendships enrich our outlook because they bring new elements to it, and I love that.

When we make a friend, a true friend, and decide to stick around, we are acknowledging that despite the fact that there are no family ties, we want/need the other in our life, we love spending time laughing, talking, singing, and simply being with our companion. It is a special relationship, one that I would never take advantage of. I am extremely grateful for each one of my friends. Without each of their marks on my life I would not be the person I am today. So friends, I am so grateful to you. Words cannot express how humble I am to know you, to love you, and to be loved by you.

This week has been both good and bad. GOOD because I took two Bikram yoga classes and went jogging in Golden Gate Park allowing me to release stress and feel cleansed, and accomplished; good because I freelanced this week (YAY!); good because I moved in to a super cute apartment with a great and loving friend; good because I attended a writing workshop = *awesome -- did I mention it is at my house? = *double awesome; good because I had the most amazing margarita I've ever had; good because I spent time with family. BAD, well, see previous post.....




Good friends are there for you and carry you through the tough times. One such friend saw what I previously wrote and showed me this very relevant song. Have a listen.

Thank you friend!

2 comments:

  1. Just love reading your words, Liz. Such a thought-filled person you are and it's a treat every time to get to share in your life and think about what you've written. Thanks for that, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww lie spoken in full fledgeed humanastic form love you! Madz

    ReplyDelete