The Journaler

This, in some ways, is a window to my soul: my book is open. This is an honest reflection where I embrace the highs and lows, ups and downs, roller coaster of emotions I am often riding, the good, the bad, and the extremely ugly...but this is me, and this is my adventure...By revealing myself honestly I hope to inspire and encourage, because we all struggle sometimes and it's nice to know we're not alone. This is my experience as a small town girl living in a big city, trying to make my way while taking lots and lots of detours...

June 30, 2011

Juggling jobs!

Quickly, I want to say that this girl (me) has been juggling 3...no 4 jobs and hasn't had a day off in....I don't even remember the last time I had a day off! I know this is rather uncharacteristic of me - I happen to believe in days off, relaxing, and recreational fun time - but it seems, finally, that my hard work is paying off.

My job as a server is no more (thank god almighty I hated that job!), and I actually turned down an offer with my current internship to transition into a permanent role, which was an extremely difficult decision to make as I really like the company and people I work for. So why the hell did I turn it down? Well, I landed a second internship with a company I am over-the-moon happy to be working for. The company is Viator.com! Viator is Latin for "travel" and so, obviously it's a perfect fit! I'm a marketing intern and learning so much already about social media strategy, online marketing, and am even getting to do a bit of writing. I'm so happy with this position it's ridiculous. It hasn't been an easy road to get here though, and I am thanking the Universe for delivering something that really excites me. Thank you!

So now I am working full-time between the two internships; nights and weekends belong to me again....so grateful for the opportunites that are coming my way. I finally feel like I believe in myself again - I mean, I must have been doing something right to get to this place!

3 comments:

  1. Yay Liza Bean! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea lize! You were definitely doing a lot of things right I'd say! Good job, Im proud of you :) See you sooo sooon! CANT WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Caitlin - you definitely rock!!!! And I hope you can come over to swim!!!!! I couldn't be more delighted for you about these new over the top developments - which you SO SO SO deserve!!!! If you need to chill it - it's like 100 over here - perfect for pool chilling. In the meantime - get some dang sleep!!!!! And....hooray!!!!

    ReplyDelete