The Journaler

This, in some ways, is a window to my soul: my book is open. This is an honest reflection where I embrace the highs and lows, ups and downs, roller coaster of emotions I am often riding, the good, the bad, and the extremely ugly...but this is me, and this is my adventure...By revealing myself honestly I hope to inspire and encourage, because we all struggle sometimes and it's nice to know we're not alone. This is my experience as a small town girl living in a big city, trying to make my way while taking lots and lots of detours...

July 24, 2011

Blogger's block...

Blogger's block....much like writer's block. I feel less than inspired these days to continue writing the way I have been - I'm feeling like my style/content/overall feel needs to be reinvented. I'm thinking about switching to wordpress, but am not quite there yet. Regardless of whether one person is reading my blog or 100, I like to write and will definitely continue. I just need a little direction, I think. 

Hoping for a good week; just got back from a beautiful weekend in Yosemite where I went on a 13.5 mile hike and camped with my awesome fam. It's always hard when times like that come to an end - in fact, I really struggle with trying not to feel so sad and depressed when transitioning from great times with friends and family to facing a difficult work week (or the like) - I need to learn how to let the good times fuel and energize me rather than bring me down (because ultimately, I would just like to be on vacation with my family and friends for the rest of my life....can I get paid to do that?? Obviously I can not). 

Happy birthday to my gorgeous, awesome, and freakishly adorable cousin! You are amazing and I loved spending the weekend with you. Looking forward to an interesting week ahead....good luck facing the monday blues everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Eliza, Yosemite + you + us + U. Brian = EPIC TIME!!!!! I am the same way about wishing we could live each day like any one of these glorious vacation days with family and friends. Even at my age, you SO look forward to these golden events, and maybe even appreciate the rarity of the moment even more, if that is even possible. It was great great great to share the top of the falls with you - I keep thinking about how amazing that was, and how it looks even higher from the top down!!! Woo hoo!!! We did it!!! More to come, dear, more to come!!!

    ReplyDelete