The Journaler

This, in some ways, is a window to my soul: my book is open. This is an honest reflection where I embrace the highs and lows, ups and downs, roller coaster of emotions I am often riding, the good, the bad, and the extremely ugly...but this is me, and this is my adventure...By revealing myself honestly I hope to inspire and encourage, because we all struggle sometimes and it's nice to know we're not alone. This is my experience as a small town girl living in a big city, trying to make my way while taking lots and lots of detours...

June 5, 2011

mmmmKAY I'm back!

Cousin Ian frolicking in Portugal "yipee!"
First things first, I really hate posts without pictures, but my busy butt didn't have time to take any so today's totally irrelevant picture is there simply because it makes me happy. But while I'm on the subject, I'm going to make it a goal to start carrying around my camera and get "picture happy." I feel like I don't take photos anymore - SO not good - from here on out I'll be that annoying person who always wants to pause for group photos....



I just got the call asking if I would like the day off?.....yes please, yes paaleeeeeeeeeze! I could always use the extra money, but after working a few 12 hour days, the blisters on my feet and dark circles around my eyes won fair and square. What's with the 12 hour days you ask!??? Seems unlikely "Liza behavior" you say.....well, not this Summer - it's going to be bi-zay!

Things at the restaurant are good - I really like some of the people I work with, major plus! The managers are great, however, I am a bit frustrated about the way we do "service;" it could be so much more efficient - servers could be walking out with more money - guests would be happier and more satisfied with the overall experience, and I think everyone could potentially make more money, SERIOUSLY. I've worked in a lot of different restaurants and definitely have a feel for achieving ways to maximize the efficiency of "flow" and increase customer and employee satisfaction. I could say a lot more on this, but I know it's super boring to anyone but me, so there, I'm done.

This girl finally landed a marketing internship! It's at a really awesome IT company (Information Technology) that is all about helping organizations to increase and enhance their capacity to do good. We work primarily with non-profits, schools, and organizations striving for a "greener" approach. I really like the people I'm working with and think that it will give me some great experience to get involved and increase my knowledge / understanding of marketing. I've done a bit of freelance as well, hence the 12 hour days, but it's all good because I'm meeting great people and could use a bit of organized chaos in my life.

I've also been reconnecting with some old friends from Sonoma - I can't even express how happy this makes me. I met some seriously incredible people during those early college years. It does my heart so much good to reconnect.

Oh, I completely forgot to update you all on the CLEANSE. Well, I went for three days strong and it actually was easier than I thought it would be. On the third day however, I worked at the restaurant and felt totally sluggish and a little faint...to follow would be 6 more days of work, so I just couldn't do it without a little nutrition. But I really didn't get headaches surprisingly, and I think the fatigue would have gone away by day 6 or 7, and be replaced with an abundance of energy (apparently this is the effect....). I will definitely be trying this again when I don't have to be running around a restaurant, carrying heavy plates, and having cheery interactions with guests. I have also been sick on and off three times in the last month, so haven't been doing much running unfortunately...back at it tomorrow!

Last but not least, I saw The Hangover 2 last night and actually, I think I liked it better than the first one! The sequel focuses even more on Ed Helms (Andy from The Office), and he is super laugh-out-loud / make-everyone-stare FUNNY in this sequel. Loved it.

That's all for now, much more in the way of pictures and fun posts to come!

2 comments:

  1. Miss you lie! Sounds like things are busy and happenin.Loove yoou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your feedback at the writer's workshop last night and your wonderful writing, of course. And, yes, the photos add a little something extra - I might steal that gem! x x

    ReplyDelete