The Journaler

This, in some ways, is a window to my soul: my book is open. This is an honest reflection where I embrace the highs and lows, ups and downs, roller coaster of emotions I am often riding, the good, the bad, and the extremely ugly...but this is me, and this is my adventure...By revealing myself honestly I hope to inspire and encourage, because we all struggle sometimes and it's nice to know we're not alone. This is my experience as a small town girl living in a big city, trying to make my way while taking lots and lots of detours...

March 16, 2011

Beautiful Oregon

Oregon - heavy rain, freezing temperatures, lush lushy lushness, moss on the trees, and TREES! Goodness all the trees! Yes, I'm in Oregon with my family right now. We are here visiting my sister who goes to school in Eugene. I tell ya, for a California girl, Oregon is truly different and involves a whole other kind of beauty. I don't think I could ever settle down so far from the ocean, but for a change of scenery this place really does the trick. Sometimes the heart yearns for peace and serenity - a true change of pace from the busyness that consumes most of our lives.

Blogging : )
Being here is a simple reminder of how absolutely crucial it is to be able to "take a breather" and do something just for you. In a stressful situation when you feel like you're going to explode from the pressure of, I don't know.....whatever! - the best thing I have found is to simply remove myself from the situation temporarily. I'll take a moment to breath and remind myself that I will get through this - I'll think of something that makes me smile and allow this moment of happiness to penetrate....deep breath, then try again. When you have more time, get a massage, or mani/pedi, or even a delicious dirty chai (chai latte with espresso, my newest obsession - have no idea how I lived without this for so long), or buy yourself a cute new top or accessory, and definitely when you have time, take a vacay!


I like how the English say, "Let's go on holiday!" Because even though it may not technically be a holiday, for you it should be. We all deserve to indulge every now and then right!? I say, "that's right!" Can I get'a Amen!.....whooops, easy to get carried away.

But truly we can all afford to allow moments of hedonism to slip in occasionally, it's a matter of survival I say!



Anyone have their own fun ideas/tricks for evading the stressors that life sometimes throws at us?

2 comments:

  1. A hot bath.......hmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hot bath with some hot tea...mmmmmmmmmmmmm. and good, loud, music. and sunshine. sunshine is pertinent to a good relaxing day.

    ReplyDelete