The Journaler

This, in some ways, is a window to my soul: my book is open. This is an honest reflection where I embrace the highs and lows, ups and downs, roller coaster of emotions I am often riding, the good, the bad, and the extremely ugly...but this is me, and this is my adventure...By revealing myself honestly I hope to inspire and encourage, because we all struggle sometimes and it's nice to know we're not alone. This is my experience as a small town girl living in a big city, trying to make my way while taking lots and lots of detours...

March 18, 2011

Twas A Festive Day Indeed at Mcmenamins


This Saint Patricks Day was one of the best I've ever had. Usually I don't find it to be a very big deal, and along with New Years, often over-rated. Yesterday however was a blast. Drank some delicious pints, pleased my palette with traditional Irish fare - corn beef and cabbage (nom nom), listened to some Irish jigs, and of course adorned my greenest of green wardrobe, which sadly didn't consist of much so had to make do with some fun green accessories.





Beer AND water...I know, good thinkin!



Despite the freezing cold weather here in Oregon and the many drunkards about, my family made it a day to remember. 
bundled up!
          Corn Beef and Cabbage, yes paleeeez!


the art of the "kissy face" after a couple pints...

Leah and Chad

Mom and me

Irish Coffee happiness



3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love all the pictures!! I really wish I was there with you guys, but I'm glad your all having an amazing time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my, what a pretty purse you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, some really awesome lady picked it out for me : )

    ReplyDelete